So, to play along with this month's theme of thankfulness, I thought I would share some of what I'm most thankful for:
- My parents. There are no words to describe how grateful I am to have the family that I do. We're a small but stubborn, opinionated, and lively bunch, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Tony. 2 years in and the strength of my feelings for this man still catches me off guard. He is kind, generous, funny, supportive, and loves me without question.
- My friendships. This is such a broad item, and it doesn't seem enough to devote only a single bullet point to it, but for the sake of this post it'll have to do. I have such variety in my friendships and each one adds unique value to my life. I cannot imagine not having my friends to call on in good and in bad times, nor can I imagine not being able to support them in kind.
- Ruby and Ringo. My goodness, but my life is so much fuller with those two crazy dogs in it. I was never a dog person until Tony brought those furry monsters into my life, and now I cannot imagine a homecoming that doesn't involve Ruby's stubby, little tail wagging, and Ringo's excited requests to play (all.the.freaking.time).
- Books. This may seem a bit ridiculous, but life without books is no life at all. I have bags of books in my car, stacks of books surrounding my overflowing bookshelf at home, and books on nearly every flat surface at Tony's; they complete me.
- My health. I may be prone to sinus infections, but overall I'm healthy and happy, and that is a wonderful thing.
- My job. My work-life has gone through quite a few changes over the past year, and while I wouldn't say I feel completely settled where I'm at, I'm more even-keeled, which is a wonder for my psyche. I work for a University that feels like home to me, and I get to learn something new every day. There is also pride in the maturity and independence that comes with a steady paycheck.