Can I just say how excited I am that Friday is finally here?! I feel like I could sleep for days, and am looking forward to sleeping in this weekend, relaxing and procrastinating studying for my Accounting test that's due Sunday night.
Anyway, moving on from the humdrum that is my life, let's fill in some blanks! If anyone wants to participate, head on over to Lauren's blog, grab the blanks and have at it! 'Tis quite fun. This week is all about movies:
1. My absolute favorite movie of all time is either An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Debra Kerr or the 6 hour, BBC version of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. *sigh*
2. My favorite movie as a child was The Last Unicorn. I used to rent this every weekend and imagined that unicorns lived in a stand of trees that was across from my house. I was a bit obsessed with unicorns as a child, and they still hold a special place in my heart. And yes, I do own this movie...it was $5 at Target a while ago and you would've thought I'd just won the lottery when I saw it. Just more proof of how cool I am...
3. The best movie quote ever is Mr. Darcy's declaration of love in the 2005 Pride and Prejudice: "You must know...surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on." Add in the incredible sunrise over a field of wildflowers to Matthew MacFadyen's perfect delivery of these lines and you have the ultimate, swoon-worthy scene.
4. My favorite actress is Rachel McAdams. I think she is absolutely lovely, versatile and talented. My favorite actor is Morgan Freeman. This man possesses more talent in his pinky finger than many other actors (in my opinion).
5. The movie I could watch over and over is Persuasion. You all have read many posts about my obsession with this story and movie, so I won't bore you with repetition, but I do love this movie.
6. My favorite movie genre is either Romantic Comedy (no shock, I'm sure) or Psychological Thrillers. I love trying to guess the twist before it happens, which I'm actually fairly good at. Oh, and I love a good indie or foreign film as well.
7. A movie I'd like to watch this weekend is Coco Before Chanel. I've had it from Netflix for nearly a month and just haven't made the time to sit and watch it. I've read amazing things about it, and love Audrey Tautou, so I'm sure it wont disappoint.