Friday, April 9, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

(via)

1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten was probably frog legs. I'm not an overly adventurous eater, but my dad is constantly trying to break me out of my shell, and I gave in to his insistence and tried frog legs...they were a tad over-seasoned but not all that bad. Oh, and I've also eaten Rocky Mountain oysters, aka, cow balls...they have a weird, oily after taste.

2. My best friend is/my best friends are two of the best gals I know: Jamie and Corey. Jamie and I have been instant friends since the summer before freshman year of college and are basically 2 peas in a pod. Corey and I literally had every class together first semester of Senior year (college) and we just clicked. The next thing I knew she'd become a regular for Monday night coffee and I was asked to be her Maid of Honor. Isn't it funny how something within us just knows when we've found a kindred spirit? I couldn't live without these 2 lovely ladies and I miss them everyday.

3. If I could live in a different era it would be the 1920's because I've always been intrigued by the culture, fashion and overall rule-breaking of this decade. I really associate the roaring '20s with women throwing off their domestic chains and exploring their own independence...even though this independence was kind of swallowed up for a bit by the return of the working-class men after WWII...

4. I like receiving mail. It doesn't happen all that often, but whenever I receive a card or postcard my heart just smiles.

5. If you only know one thing about me it should be that I am really not a spontaneous person. I'm kind of working on this, but ultimately I'm a control-freak planner, so a little advance warning with me is usually going to be in your favor.

6. My favorite book of all time is a tie between Pride and Prejudice and The Gargoyle. My inner romantic, Mr. Darcy-coveting, Jane Austen freak always lists Pride and Prejudice as my favorite book because it was the one that started it all for me, but ever since finishing The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson last year it has consumed me. I recommend it to everyone, I'm constantly trying to talk myself out of re-reading it, and I won't lend it to anyone because I don't want anything to happen to my copy. I don't know what it is about that book, but it has certainly stuck with me.

7. The one beauty product I couldn't live without is mascara. I am a total mascara whore and will not leave the house without it on. I really don't care if I've put any concealer on the ever-present dark circles under my eyes or if I've swiped some shadow on my eyelids or even if I have on blush (I'll just randomly pinch my cheeks throughout the day), but I will always put on 2 coats of mascara to make my eyes pop!

8. Blogging is a wonderful outlet. I always seem to have at least 12 different things running through my head at any given moment and rather than babbling at my poor, unsuspecting friends and family all the time, I can just write about whatever it is that is currently consuming my thoughts. It's also a wonderful place to meet new friends and to find creative ideas and outlets. I'm so glad I gave in and started this blog back in September.

9. If I could star in a movie with any actor/actress I would want to work with Leonardo DiCaprio, not only because he is so very handsome, but because I think he is an insanely talented and versatile actor. I'd love to pick his brain sometime, and just watch him in his element!

10. One of the best feelings in the world is waking up in the middle of the night and realizing that you still have hours left to sleep until you need to be up. I love cozying back up under my blankets and drifting off again.

5 comments:

  1. Number 10 really is the best feeling! It happened to me last night...but then this morning when it really was time to get up , I was not so happy!
    LEO! have you seen The Departed with LEo and takes place in Boston?
    mascara is my favorite make-up product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leondardo DiCaprio was one of my very first celebrity crushes! I was obsessed with Titanic for sooo long when I was little.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice on the actor ;) Wouldn't mind being up close to him either. WHERE do you always find your great pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a brave girl. don't think i could ever eat balls.

    oh...and pride and prejudice is one of my favorites. when i first read it i had just started dating craig and the story of mr. darcy and elizabeth was just like the hate turned to love story of craig and i, so it's always kind of stuck with me :).

    thanks for playing along and i hope you have a lovely weekend!

    {Lauren}

    thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!