Friday, April 16, 2010
Fill in the Blank Friday
1. The first thing I do in the morning is hit the snooze button atleast once.
2. Every night before bed I make coffee and set the timer for the morning, check all of the locks and make sure my alarm is set.
3. My favorite thing to do when I'm having a bad day is vent to my Mom and then go to Barnes and Noble...wandering through all of the books calms me down.
4. Something that makes me cringe is lazy parents. When I'm out in public and there are little kids going crazy and their parents could obviously care less I want to slap the parent. Kids will be kids, but it's the parent's responsibility to teach them boundaries and good behavior. Lazy parenting is a disservice to the child and to society.
5. Social situations sometimes make me nervous. I'm far too good at getting myself worked up, which often works to my disadvantage when I'm heading into a social situation where I'm not 100% comfortable. I'm a good conversationalist and actually do just fine in social situations once I'm in them, it's just getting over my initial unease that can be tough.
6. I like to collect postcards and coasters. My friends and family are wonderful about always picking up a postcard or some coasters when they travel. And the coasters that I'm talking about are the cardboard ones you get at a bar or restaurant...not fancy, legit coaster sets. And, I recently joined Postcrossing, which has been very cool so far.
7. Weekends are for relaxing, house cleaning, catching up on homework, hanging out with friends and family, attempting to stay up late, drinking entirely too many cups of coffee and tea and cooking. I never appreciated weekends when I was a student, but now that I'm in the real world with a Monday through Friday job, I crave my weekends!