Thursday, April 29, 2010

The one where I play catch-up in bullet form...

I've been a bad blogger...again. This seems to be a new pattern for me, which I should probably work on. But for now, I'll just thank you all in advance for sticking with me.

- My parents recently returned from the family condo in Florida and they brought back an old, hand-colored photograph of my grandfather that I have always loved. He's very young and crouched over a pond, exploring something. I think it's beautiful and I love getting to look at it every time I go into my bedroom.

- I saw The Back-up Plan this past weekend and thought it was great! It was funny and entertaining, J. Lo played her role beautifully and Alex O'Loughlin certainly isn't hard on the eyes. If you love a good chick-flick, I suggest making a girls night out of this one.

- I'm currently obssessed with Airplanes by B.o.B and Hayley Williams.

- I've been making an appearance back into the world of dating recently...I know, let's all have a collective GASP, it truly is the most appropriate reaction.

- I recently finished the book Jane Austen Ruined My Life and now I'm in a book slump. I just don't feel like reading any of the books I have from the Library or any that are on my bookshelves. But, on the plus side, I did receive my gorgeous copy of Persuasion in the mail, so I have been reading bits and pieces of that when I get the urge.

- I have a stack of packages that I desperately need to get in the mail (some are quite late!), but I keep forgetting until after the Post Office is closed. I hate when I do this.

- My mom and I went to a local dance production called Ripple this past weekend. It was very unique and I truly enjoyed it. The best part: the space that was used was incredible!! I mean, incredible enough that I want to have an excuse to throw a party in this space...or have a wedding reception there. Yep, that cool!

- I also saw How to Train Your Dragon...amazing! I seriously want a pet dragon now.

- I'm officially down another pant size and it feels soooo good! I'm pretty sure the last time I was this size was in high school. I love food and will never deny myself good food, but I've been eating healthier and have become a bit of a gym rat. I think I'll stick with this new me.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review on the movies! I want to see the Back Up Plan. My movie girlfriend moved away last fall...and she just told me she is coming home next week for 2 weeks, and we can have lots of movie dates, so I will put this on the list! (I have told you that Andrew does not like going to the movies).
    YEY for dating. do we get details?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dating huh?! Do tell please! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog :) your tone of voice is so cheerful, right to the point and so sweet :)
    congrats to the pants :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. *GASP* ;) Can't wait to hang out SOON so we can chit chat all about it! And where was this Ripple production held? I'm curious! And congrats, gym rat! Maybe we should just work out halfway between our houses and we can chat and burn the cals. Then go gain em back at dinner. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently obssessed with Airplanes by B.o.B and Hayley Williams, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!