It's time for Lauren's friday feature once again. Please, feel free to join in: just head on over to the little things we do..., grab the blanks and link up your post.
1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is Leader of the Pack by The Shangri-Las. The was my song when I was little and I would sing it like crazy. I still get nostalgic when it comes up on my iPod.
2. My first concert ever was Matchbox Twenty. I was in highschool, super close to the stage and nearly lost my voice from singing so loudly. It was a great first experience.
3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: O.A.R., Augustana, Rod Stewart, Elton John, The Fray, Taylor Swift, Mayday Parade, Poets of the Fall, Linkin Park, Rise Against, La Roux, Jason Mraz, Lady Antebellum, The Goo Goo Dolls, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, Dashboard Confessional, Paramore, Silversun Pickups, Eric Clapton, The Roots, etc...I'm pretty sure this list could go on forever.
4. The best make-out/ "boot knocking" song ever is I'm not really sure...I'm not usually paying close enough attention to the background noise.
5. The best concert I've ever been to was Jason Mraz. He was insanely awesome live, and interacted with the crowd like nobody's business! I'm not sure if it's technically a concert, but Flight of the Conchords were also fabulous live.
6. A memorable music moment for me was the first time I remember hearing Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton. I grew up listening to him, both as part of Cream and on his own, but I will always remember when I fell in love with that song. I was only about 7 (total guess, but I was young for sure) and my parents and I were road-tripping to New Mexico. It was nighttime, Mom was dozing up front, Dad was driving and I was supposed to be sleeping in the back seat, but I was hunting for constellations through the back window instead. Tears in Heaven came on and I was determined to learn the lyrics, so I listened to that song like I never had before and to this day I think about lying in the backseat and staring up at the stars whenever I hear it.
7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is Madly by Tristan Prettyman and Into Your Arms by The Maine.