Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday I'm in Love

Ahhhh, it's Friday! Is anyone else feeling a sweet sigh of relief that the weekend is nearly upon us? I, obviously, am.

After spending yesterday pouting with my cranky-pants on, I am happy to report that I'm back to my chipper, smiley self today! I feel like a new woman with my freshly chopped and revitalized hair, and I must admit that a Corona and conversation with my dear friend Betsy last night went a long way towards improving my mood. I'll also give a shout out to those sneaky, little endorphins released during my afternoon workout yesterday, even if I did grudgingly hit up the gym with my cranky-pants firmly in place. It may not have been my best workout to date, but atleast I went, right?!

I have a low key evening ahead of me, which suits me perfectly today. My Uncle flies in from Boston tomorrow evening (hooray!), so I will be happily cleaning my apartment tonight in order to get it spick and span for company. Not that my Uncle will actually be staying with me (he'll stay with my parents who live in town), but I'm living in a new apartment and am excited to show it off to him. Luckily, I come from a family of OCD-like clean freaks, so my place is usually neat and tidy, but the bathrooms need a good cleaning, I'd like to vacuum and there are some piles that need organizing before it meets my expectations. All in all, it'll be a piece of cake to get ready!

That being said, I think I'm going to stop by a couple of bookstores on my way home tonight before tackling my apartment. I'm on the hunt for a couple of elementary school-age appropriate books for 2 kids my mother and I are sponsoring this Christmas...think old-school Goosebumps books, Princess Academy and Hannah Montana. I'm excited! I'm also hoping for a couple of good finds for myself at one of my favorite used bookstores. Today just seems to call for a cup of coffee and a little book-hunting; thank goodness this particular bookstore is attached to a coffee shop. Obviously, this place is like heaven-on-earth for me...I'm such a sucker for a good used book!

So, there you have it folks: the exciting Friday night life of a single, twenty-something year old gal! Luckily, I love it...




ps- I'm resisting my urge and avoiding the scary, teeny-bopper crowds and waiting until tomorrow morning to see New Moon! I'm absolutely, disgustingly excited!

4 comments:

  1. I think it sounds like a nice relaxing night!!
    I should take note and go home and clean my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to LOVE New Moon! (If you haven't seen it already.) Surprisingly, very few teeny-boppers at our theater. Mostly twenty-somethings, and older women. Crazy!

    Its so nice to meet you Erin! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Browsing a little bookstore sipping on a latte? Heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!