Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I've already been awake for 5 hours...

No joke, I've been awake since 3:12 am (MST). Yep, I'm crying a little inside as I think about that, and would gladly welcome tears of pity from my lovely readers. I kid...kind of.

Anyway, I opted to not take a sleeping pill last night because by 9 pm I was already getting sleepy, so it seemed unnecessary. When I could barely keep my eyes open at 10:30 I felt pretty confident in my decision. When I woke up at 3 am to use the bathroom I had a few concerns about how awake I felt. And when 4 am rolled around and I was nowhere near falling asleep, I knew I was screwed. So, I brushed my teeth and hair, brewed a pot of coffee, flipped on some old school Boy Meets World and finished the last 150 pages of my book. I made it to work more than on time, but now 5 hours later I'm exhausted. It's only 8:30 am...oh boy.


To help keep me going today I wore some extra fun earrings, lovingly made by my mother.
I wore cute, but comfortable clothes (I have 2 work meetings today, so I needed to be appropriately dressed).
I stopped for an extra hot, nonfat latte from my favorite coffeeshop.
I wore my favorite bracelets.
I'm keeping myself excitedly geared up for a get-together with a girlfriend tonight.
And I'm mentally patting myself on the back for having painted my nails candy apple red this past weekend. It makes me smile when I see the flash of color as I type this morning.

It's going to be a long day, but I'm trying to keep it positive!

What do you all do to keep your spirits up when your day stretches before you like an uninterrupted desert?

5 comments:

  1. Ouch Erin. Just reading that made me tired. I love early mornings to myself but 3 AM? That jsut sucks. Hopefully you are able to stay awake for your two meetings today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Courtney I just woke up and want to go back reading that. You should be asking strangers tell you to pat your back, because you are a superlady for still being so positive after a rough morning.
    I've never had a green tea frapp from Starbucks that didn't get me through my afternoon low (and they're so refreshing and yummy!)

    p.s. (ofcourse) we drink the exact same coffee. down to the extra hot my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all about being up all night, and about being tired during the day, lol! I'm not sure what I do to help the day along, but I love all the ideas you had! You are making want to paint my nails this very moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awful!! When my husband is out of town (which is a lot), I never sleep well. What gets me through the day is drinking coffee in the morning and lots of water during the day! Getting up for bathroom breaks keeps the day going. I know, it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh!!
    LOTS of caffeine for you today girl. And hopefully you get a 2nd win for your night tonight. I often wake up around 3-4 on days the baby doesn’t, and I lay there thinking- oh, she will wake up any minute, but she doesn’t. Luckily, it only takes me a few minutes to fall back to sleep. I think that has really helped with having a new baby- my ability to zonk back out so quickly. HAve a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!