Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day 2012


Happy Election Day to all of my fellow Americans! 

I know I said in my last post that I wouldn't say anything more about politics, but I cannot pass up the opportunity to urge everyone to vote.  No matter how flawed our system may be, we do have a voice and it can be heard!  In a perfect world we would all agree on the best way to run our country, but since that isn't the case take the time to do what you can: cast your vote and share your opinion.  If you don't vote, you don't get to complain. 

Election Day always makes me think of going with my mom to our neighborhood elementary school to vote.  It meant leaving for school that much earlier, but it also meant I got an "I VOTED" sticker.  When you're young a sticker makes everything better, right?  The neighborhood school was on the way to my own elementary school, so it was easiest for Mom to take me along with her before dropping me off.  Looking back, this little thing had a huge impact on me: it taught me to respect and value my vote.  I was lucky enough to be part of each Election Day growing up; and even when I was too young to understand what it meant, I was still experiencing how important it is.  I will always be grateful to my parents for showing me the importance of voting, and for allowing me to form my own opinions. 

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree get out and vote! So true if you don't vote don't complain!:)

    Rachel
    yettobedetermined86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave Anika my sitcker! I wanted to bring her with me, but I went at lunch when she was a the sitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!