Friday, May 6, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday


1. What I love most about my home is that it's all mine. My days of living alone will be coming to end soon because I'll moving in with a friend (or 2!) once my lease is up, but for now I am going to bask in the Erin-ness that is my home. I love that my apartment is my safe haven.

2. I'm excited because my Mom and I are going to the Denver Art Museum tomorrow to view their current display of Italian Renaissance Art. Renaissance art is my favorite, and I'm excited that meine Mutti wants to go with me! I love mother-daughter Denver dates.

3. My preferred method for blowing off steam when I'm frustrated is to go for a long drive, so I can be alone with my thoughts and my music. Once I've processed my frustration, chances are I'll need to vent it out for a bit, and this sometimes involves a few tears.

4. Currently I am craving a cozy chair, a cup of tea and some uninterrupted time with my book. I know this question was probably more along the lines of food, but I just had a yogurt, so my stomach is satisfied. My soul is the one with the cravings right now.

5. The thing I love most about my mom is her selflessness and her unwavering love for my Dad and me. My mother loves us with her entire being and will do absolutely anything for her family. With that being said, I am also always impressed with her ability to maintain her friendships and to do things that are important to her. My father and I are both demanding of her attention, but I've always felt that she balances everything well. You'd have to ask her if she's happy enough and has enough "Debby" time, but I will be forever indebted to her for everything she has sacrificed for me and given to me over the years.

6. If I was going to write a book about my life, the title would be The Constant Evolution of an Emotional Gal...a bit wordy and not overly creative, but it sums it all up. I feel like I am ever-changing as I experience more of my life, and I kind of hope that never stops. I'm also entirely too Gemini to pretend like I'm not ruled by my emotions...it always better to warn people of this straight-away.

7. If I were to eat one thing for the rest of eternity it would be, like Lauren said, bread and cheese, but I'd also throw in some fruit. I could eat all types of rustic bread with different cheeses for the rest of my life and probably never get tired of it. Give me some fruit to feel like less of a fatty and a glass of red, red wine and you will have a happy gal on your hands.

3 comments:

  1. Bread and cheese. Yes me too!!!
    And that's exciting about moving in with friends, I know you are probably going to miss your "Erin" time too though if you're anything like me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be nice to live on your own!! At least for a little while! I have never had a chance to do that!! You get to have everything just the way you want it...and nobody comes around messing it all up!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are moving in with friends?? That will be fun, yet hard after living on your own! I actually did that at one point after college before I got married.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!