Thursday, October 13, 2011

"You see I'm one of those people who lives sensibly and sanely"

This has been making its way through the blogosphere, but oh, how it speaks to me! I couldn't resist posting it myself.

(via)
click to enlarge

I think we all worry that when we reach the end of our days we'll look back with regrets and wishful thinking. I'm not a true believer in regrets because I'm such a proponent of free will. I choose my life, and therefore I don't regret the things I've done because they are an integral part of who I am. But, I do believe in wishful thinking, and that can be a bittersweet thing; an overwhelming force of both the positive and the negative.

So, here's my little reminder to embrace the carefree a little more with each passing year; to take more risks; and to keep happiness at the top of my list of achievements.

This life is mine, no one elses, and I am responsible for its outcome.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! This is the first time I've actually seen it but what a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended a funeral recently, and the person had SUCH a full life. Accomplished SOO much- it really made me start thinking about how people would talk about me and when I pass one day...And if I will feel "ready"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!