Friday, June 4, 2010
Fill in the Blank Friday
Lauren is back from her little blog break just in time for another edition of Fill in the Blank Friday. As always, I just love playing along with this, and think you all should, too!
1. My dream vacation would be to travel all over Europe. I want to see it all, stay in classy, fabulous places, explore to my heart's content and meet fascinating people.
2. The best trip I've ever taken was my first trip abroad to Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It instilled in me a love for Europe (especially Germany), a desire to travel and introduced me to myself and my own abilities. I was only in 8th grade, but I've always felt like it's a defining part of my life.
3. The most important items to take on a road trip are cell phones, money, incredible music, snacks, a sense of adventure and your best friend(s)!
4. The next trip I'm looking forward to is visiting my bestie in Australia next year.
5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be a mix of some sort with a little bit of everything...I really just care about being able to sing at the top of my lungs with the windows down.
6. The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling was a kid losing his passport on an international school trip. Nothing really bad has happened to me (knock on wood) other than flight delays and crappy weather. Although, I did leave a bunch of my traveler's checks in a store in Switzerland once, but I was able to retrieve them quickly.
7. My favorite traveling memory is standing on one of the balconies at Heidelberg Schloss (Heidelberg, Germany) and looking down at the Neckar River and all of the old, red-tile roofs of the city. It was my first day in Germany, heck my first day in Europe, and it couldn't have been more picture perfect!