Sunday, March 27, 2011

It was an Italian getaway kind of night

I've been battling a nasty sinus infection since last week, and I felt absolutely horrible last night, so I stayed in and had a quiet evenings. It was lovely. I played along with the suffering-from-a-cold stereotype and ate chicken noodle soup, drank tea and orange juice and curled up on the couch with a movie.


I'd gotten The Tourist from redbox (love the availability of redbox) earlier in the day and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Angelina Jolie's character was the epitome of wealthy, British class and she plays parts like that so well. She was beautiful. And, in my book, Johnny Depp can rarely do any wrong. He played the part of Wisconsin tourist who gets thrown into the middle of an international plot well, and also took on his character's twist with perfection. I know this movie didn't get the best of reviews, but I thought it was well casted, enjoyed the thrills and the plot twist and loved the Venetian scenery.


This movie made me want to hop on a plane and start my own Italian adventure. Since that wasn't a legitimate option, I opted to follow up The Tourist with Roman Holiday. Audrey Hepburn, the original American royalty and epitome of class, and Gregory Peck, tall, dark and handsome. I left behind the winding canals of Venice for the history of Rome. If only I could tour the Eternal City from the back of a vespa with Gregory Peck as my guide.

4 comments:

  1. oh now that I see your review I might check out the Tourist! It didn't really grab my interest but now I want to see it! Hope you feel better asap :( good vibes heading your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sick this weekend too and so we had a movie night. We watched the Fighter and if you haven't seen it yet I would definitely recommend it! I will have to put the Tourist on my movie list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see it! I hope you are feeling better though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you're feeling better!! I can't wait to see the Tourist because my feelings for Johnny mirror yours :) And it's crazy, I was JUST telling my co-worker today that I have never seen Roman Holiday and I needed to. This is a sign I need to netflix it asap :) Italy is one of the most beautiful places in the world and I need to be taken back there. Thanks for recommending these two to do the job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!