Thursday, January 7, 2010

My obsession is rekindled

I would like to share with you all one of my obsessions: Showtime's The Tudors. Oh. My. Goodness. I've always been a history nerd with a particular love for Medieval England and the house of Tudor, but hottie Jonathan Rhys Meyers takes it to a whole new level.

Until Santa brought me Season 1 of The Tudors last year, I hadn't heard much about the show. I don't get Showtime, so it never really crossed my mind. I knew that JRM was playing Henry VIII in a new show and was certainly interested, but I couldn't watch it so I didn't give it much thought. Well, a giant thank you to Santa (love you, Mom) for knowing me so well and correctly assuming that I'd fall instantly in love with the series.

I loved Season 1, immediately purchased Season 2, which I savored and have been waiting for Season 3. I must admit that I kind of dropped the ball on obsessively checking the DVD's release date, but that just gave me more time to watch and re-watch my favorite episodes from Season 1 and 2, right? Haha...yep, like I said: nerd.


Anyway, I am currently watching the first disc of Season 3 and my obsession is rekindled! I do kind of miss the young, romantic Henry and cunning Anne Boleyn, but rumor has it that Henry goes through his next 3 wives all in this one season, and I cannot wait to see how it all plays out!


So, excuse me while I sip on my tea and oogle over JRM and Henry Cavill, I mean, further educate myself on Tudor history.

6 comments:

  1. I love reading ot see what others are reading and or watching!! Hope you are enjoying it all!! Have a wonderful weekend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you too!!! Hooray for Friday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look good and he is quite good to look at!! I do not have Showtime either, but I bet I could find this on Netfix!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can absolutely find it on Netflix!!! Season 1 was incredible...let me know if you end up checking it out! Seriously, yummy guys to ooh and ahh over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, can I borrow your season(s)??? I'd love to be obsessed, too! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!