I promise to do a more thorough post about this past weekend once I have a few pics loaded onto my computer. Unfortunately, I do not have any from NYE (Jamie was the picture-taker and, sadly, she lost her memory card with all of the pictures), but I have a bunch from my lovely day spent in Denver on Saturday.
New Year's Resolutions, or Goals as I've apparently decided to call them, aren't usually big on my radar in January. I know a ton of people who set them, and very few who actually keep up with them. Maybe it's this "promise of failure" that I associate with New Year's Resolutions that keeps them off of my radar...or maybe I'm just not a resolution kind of gal! Whatever the reason, what I'm getting at in my long-winded thought here is that I rarely make New Year's Resolutions. Well, this year is going to be different. Due to my negative association with the term "resolutions" I am going to call my list my Goals for 2010. They're pretty basic and should be easy to keep up with, and they're goals that are important to me. So, here they are:
- Pay all bills on time. Without fail, my Comcast bill is always 1 day late. Every other bill is paid on time, if not early, but Comcast slips my mind until the day after it's due...and I'm not a fan of automatic bill pay, so while it could make my life easier, it's not an option for me.
- Finish the books I've started. I have a list of several books that I've started but never completed and it's bugging me! So, it's time to sit down, focus and finish those reads! I'm even willing to withhold my own Library privileges if I can't keep myself focused.
- Continue to work-out 4-5 times per week. This is really becoming habitual for me, which is a good thing, but I want to keep myself focused on it, so it's earned a place on my 2010 Goals list.
- Call Grammy more. I HATE talking on the phone, which has resulted in my ability to come up with fantastic justifications for not calling my relatives as often as I should. This needs to change and I'm starting with Grammy, whom I love and miss more than just about anyone else.
- Write to Grandpa and Grandma twice monthly. My dad's dad and stepmom live in a nursing home/assisted care facility and truly love to receive mail and little updates on my life. As with the phone calls, I kind of suck at this, so onto the list it goes! Plus, I actually do love writing them cards, so this shouldn't be too difficult.
- Keep track of the books I've read. I have a nifty book journal that I used religiously when I first bought it and then I got lazy... I like being able to look back at the books I've read and my thoughts on them. It reminds me why I like the authors that I do, and tips me off on finding new reads. You all may just see me posting my monthly reading list here on my blog as a way to keep up with this goal.
Well, there you have it, my Goals for 2010. I think they're more than doable and I'm looking forward to accomplishing them. Do any of you do the whole New Year's Resolutions thing? And if so, what are yours?
I hope everyone is enjoying 2010 so far!