Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"It is the function of art to renew our perception. What we are familiar with we cease to see..."




The Denver Art Museum is one of my favorite places to just be.
If I lived in Denver, I'd be one of those people who wanders in for a quick art fix every week. I'd like to say that I'd pick a different floor each time, but I know me: I'd grab a cup of coffee in the new addition, stroll outside to the original entrance and then head up the stairs to the 6th floor. I'm a sucker for the European and American Art collection. I'm awed by scultpures from the 13th century, painted panels that have lasted since the Renaissance and gorgeous Monets. But, with that said, I also can't help but be fascinated by many of the more contemporary pieces. Art is an experience unto itself and each piece tells its own magical tale.
I love that.






*title quote by Anais Nin*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!