Thursday, March 1, 2012

On my bookshelf: February


In the grand scheme of things these are all fairly easy reads that I would recommend to anyone:

Sweet Jiminy deals with race issues in the South and is written in an easy-to-read style, which makes the subject matter less upsetting (plus the author is Al Gore's daughter, and I kind of think that's cool).

Beautiful Days is the 2nd in a YA series that takes places in the 1920's at the height of Prohibition. It's a world full of wealth, glamour, drama and speakeasies that I would die to have a drink in.

Karen Robards and Carly Phillips are a couple of my go-to authors when I'm in a book-slump. I love the suspense that Robards weaves into each of her stories from the very first sentence, which never fails to hook me, and Phillips' light-hearted romances are always entertaining.

In terms of Crossed, I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment in Condie's series (book #1 was Matched)Crossed left me absolutely itching to pick up the next book to save from any delay in the story line, but alas, I will have to wait until it is published. As with most YA stories, there's a well-formed love triangle, and to be honest, I am not sure which team I'm rooting for most...Ky or Xander?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!