Friday, September 10, 2010

Fill in the blank friday


1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten is frog legs...they weren't that bad. And, Rocky Mountain Oysters, aka, cow balls...oily after taste.

2. I wouldn't be caught dead supporting Sarah Palin: no buying her books, no watching any potential TV shows, and absolutely no political support. A bit much on a Friday morning? Sorry!

3. When I am 75 I will.... hopefully be surrounded by loved ones...a husband, children, grandchildren and my best friends and their families.

4. If I had to be named after a place I would want to be named Erin. I adore my name (see below) and Erin means "Ireland" in Gaelic, so I am named after one of my dream places to visit. Perfect!

5. My name is Erin Elizabeth because my mother loved it. Mom says she didn't want to name me Elizabeth because it has too many nicknames, but she loved it for my middle name, and I must agree that I have a beautiful name. I think it suits me.

6. My all time favorite photo is is an old black and white one of my grandparents before they were married. It's summer time in Michigan and they're sitting on the dock by the lake, my grandmother has on a Navy-inspired outfit and she's sitting with her knees pulled up to her chest. My grandfather has one arm around her and the other holding down a fly-away newspaper. They're both smiling brilliantly. I think it's beautiful and so full of love. I never got the chance to know my grandmother, but my grandfather's smile is still the same, and I can just imagine their laughter in this shot.

7. If I could afford it I would quit my job, become a professional student and travel the world in between degrees. And, of course, I would take my friends and family on my dream travels.

3 comments:

  1. that photo sounds wonderful.
    My bestie Erin was just telling me about how she got the name ERin- Her dad was Irish.
    great name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Irish name, and you should totally put that photo up sometime. Some of my fav. photos are of my Grandparents from when they were dating/newlyweds, and I would love to see your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVE the name erin! My mom just liked it and gave it to me - no reason at all. But I've come to really be my name. Especially living in Ireland for 2 years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!