Lauren's blanks this week are completely after my own heart: all about vacations! She and her hubby are getting ready to set off on a road trip, and while I'm not heading off on vacation until the end of month (hello, early Fall in Michigan!) it is the Friday before a 3-day weekend, which is music to my ears. Obviously, today's blanks are more than appropriate!
1. If I didn't have to work anymore I would and money wasn't an issue, I would probably split my time between nerding it up by getting multiple degrees and traveling the world. I want to take my parents to Europe; I want to visit Jamie in a land down under; I'd like to road trip across the US and Canada; I want to get in touch with my inner Anne of Green Gables on Prince Edward Island; etc, etc, etc...
2. My favorite thing about a vacation is being able to relax and not worry about the normal bits of your day-to-day life. And also the people because I am usually vacationing with friends and family.
3. When packing for a trip I always make an extensive to-pack list (because I am OCD), lay out all of my clothes and toiletries before putting them in the suitcase, overpack just a tad, check and then double-check each item against my list, call my Mom to tell her what I'm packing and ask, "does it sound like I have everything that I need?", and finally put everything nicely into my suitcase, checking off each item as I do. Surprisingly, this doesn't take as long as it might sound like.
4. If I could go on a road trip with anyone (dead OR alive) I would choose Miss Jamie Lynn. Jamie and I used to roadtrip back and forth from Minnesota several times each year and it was always a blast. In fact, we may just be the greatest road trippers ever! We've got it down to a science, and I could definitely go for a long road trip with my bestie soon. Bring on the tunes and open roads!
5. My top 3 absolute travel essentials are a couple of good, vacation worthy books, Sudafed if I'm flying so I wont end up wanting to sob through the landing as my sinuses nearly explode, and snacks.
6. Vacations are entirely necessary for anyone's sanity. They are worth working, and waiting, for, and should always be fun!
7. On vacation you must always laugh, eat lots of good, local food, surround yourself with people who love you, explore new sights, find yourself and above all, have a fabulous time.