Friday, September 24, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane...

Tomorrow I'm off to Michigan with my Mom for a week. I'm very excited to not only have a break from work, but to see family that I haven't seen in years and, surprisingly, to be in the Midwest. Both of my parents are from Michigan and I spent many summers visiting family, so even though I'm a Colorado native, I always feel like I have Midwest roots. I can pull out my Michigan accent and blend in with the best of 'em! In fact, those pesky Michigan "a's" that I grew up working to hide rear their ugly head on a regular basis (big time last night)...and gives my friends fodder with which to mock me for days. I'm going to sound like a true Michiganian by the end of next week, I'm sure!


It's still a bit early to catch much of the Midwest Fall color, but the temperatures are projected to only be in the 60's, so I have high hopes for crisp, cool air...perfect for playing at the Cider Mill, drinking entirely too much Dunkin' Donuts coffee and exploring the Ford family mansions.

I'm not sure how much you'll see me around here, but I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be able to stay away for the entire week. I might not post much, but you better believe I'll be checking in on everyone's latest posts. I hope everyone's week is lovely!

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!