Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Belated weekend recap: gloomy days were here...

I'm not really sure what's going on with me, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to my blogging. I constantly have thoughts running through my head, and think, "I need to blog about that!" multiple times each day, but then I get lazy and never put pen to paper (so to speak). So, here we are on a Wednesday and I'm finally sitting down to blog about my weekend...pathetic. Oh well. And to all of you who have stuck with me: Thank you!

This weekend wasn't all that exciting; in fact, I was in a fairly crappy mood for the majority of it. I was wallowing in myself a tad, which is never pretty. I was hormonal (a terrifying thing with a Gemini personality), missing my bestie and questioning what the f*ck is going on with the guy I'm dating (or should it be "dating"...too many questions at the moment). All of these things seem to be perfectly normal occurances in a girl's life, but combined together plus my lack of sleep made for an Eeyore-like Erin. I was snappy, prone to tears and not really up for social mingling. It was a little scary. haha...

Anyway, things are better now and there were some definite highlights to my grey-clouds-hanging-over-my-head weekend:

- Mom and I indulged in pedicures on Saturday! I enjoyed a cup of tea and we flipped through the latest Vogue while our toes were made pretty with deep, Fall hues.

- We wandered into my favorite store in Old Town and I got a little giddy thanks to the Christmas decorations.

- I made glass snowflake ornaments with my mom at the glass studio. This was the first time in a few years that I actually worked with the glass myself, and it felt good!

(the "before" picture...can't wait to see them fired!)

- I got my meningococcal vaccine thanks to my employer's free clinic. Even though a shot isn't very exciting (and has left me with quite the bruise), it did make my parents happy to know that my vaccination is up to date.

- Some very cool bottle decals finally made their way onto my kitchen walls. They've been stashed behind a piece of furniture in my dining room for entirely too long.

- Mom and I found the most perfect lamp at Pier 1...on sale!


- I found out I'm paired up with the lovely Micaela for her ornament swap! I cannot wait to find the perfect ornament for her, and to see what she sends me.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you did have some fun along with being gloomy. Still wanting to hear more on this "dating"..... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know what happened with the guy too!!
    Sorry so much crappy stuff was going on this weekend!
    I had to google the vaccine you got!! Is it one you have to get every certain amount of years? Or just once? Great buy on the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you are having a good week!

    those ornaments look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand. With the winter approaching I have fallen into a HUGE funk. I hate this stupid season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the exact same thing!!!! haha all day I'm like "uuh I gotta blog about that." "OOOHH I gotta blog about THAT!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the photo in front of the lamp! Make me miss you heaps more than I already do, which is a lot. A lot, a lot! Loveeeee you, and am always here if you need to talk those gloomy days away. You're the greatest bestie ever, Hank! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. James- that is my favorite picture of us! I heart it...and you, bestie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!