Friday, November 19, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday


1. My Thanksgiving plans this year will include horseback riding with my mom and Uncle, my Dad joining us for dinner after the ride, wandering around and enjoying the fresh mountain air, drinking some wine and maybe seeing a movie. My family doesn't cook for Thanksgiving, instead we head up the canyon a bit to a local Dude ranch and enjoy their awesome festivities. The 4 of us get to spend quality time together outside of the kitchen...and Dad still usually cooks a turkey later so we can have "leftovers".

2. My favorite Thanksgiving was I'm not really sure. I enjoy Thanksgiving, but no specific one comes to mind. My Uncle always comes out for the week and we spend a lot of time together as a family...you know, trying not to kill each other.

3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is probably green beans. I make a killer green bean casserole, but I'm also good at just cooking up fresh green beans in general.

4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is everything! How can you pick just one? I always eat entirely too many green beans, but stuffing, sweet potatoes and turkey are high on the list.

5. Thanksgiving free association! Turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, gravy, waldorf salad, green beans, horseback riding, pilgrims, red wine, swinging by the river, mountains, family, pictures, Mikey the bull, laughter, movies, hot coffee, pie, fireplace.

6. Thanksgiving is always a fabulous day!

7. I am thankful for my family, friends, a best friend who stays up late so we can Skype before I go to work, my education, having a job that I love, my health, the health of my family and friends, the ability to travel, being fortunate enough to live in an amazing state, and every other little thing that makes up my world.

4 comments:

  1. I am making a green bean caserole this year. I got a new recipe from a friend this week!
    I also am going to make up some crispy fresh sage to put on top of the butternut squash! I think going out for Thanksgiving dinner sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green bean casserole as well! I think that it is a favorite among many people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horseback riding on Thanksgiving?!? I want that tradition! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!