Thursday, January 19, 2012

Frosty Mango

When I was in Australia, Jamie and I ventured north of Townsville on a waterfall quest. Unfortunately, our quest was thwarted by flooded roads, but we were lucky enough to indulge in a sweet treat at Frosty Mango. I honestly do not believe I've ever had better gelato in my life, and I'm sure it had to do with the use of fresh, locally grown fruit.

(via)

I had a coupon to a local gelato place that expired last night, so on my way to Tony's I stopped to pick some up for us. The mango gelato was calling my name, and the minute the sample hit my tongue I was transported back to the Frosty Mango. It was absolutely divine...creamy, bold, slightly tart, and tasted as though it had come straight from the mango groves.  I was rather blissed out!  Plus, the added bonus of a trip down my Australia memory lane wasn't half bad either.

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm.... I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that gelato is sooo much better than ice cream? Man I miss Italy :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds divine! I love anything mango-flavored. It's one of my favorite fruits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!