Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Week with Marilyn

I just got back from seeing My Week with Marilyn and I really enjoyed it! I've never been a big Marilyn Monroe fan, and to be honest, I don't know a lot about her aside from her famous curves, her young death, her rumored affair with JFK, and that her real name was Norma Jean (thank you, Elton John). This movie took the famous image of Marilyn Monroe that most of us have in our minds and added in her humanity and her vulnerabilities. She was a troubled woman with an unending desire to be loved and valued, and My Week with Marilyn beautifully portrayed this.

(via)

The movie was told through the eyes of Colin Clark, a young director's assistant for Laurence Olivier who became a favorite of Marilyn's while she filmed The Prince and the Showgirl. He was privileged enough to enter Marilyn's world away from the cameras; a world where she battled her private demons with flirtations and alcohol, and where those closest to her used medications to keep her calm enough to handle.

Michelle Williams' portrayal of Marilyn Monroe was simply phenomenal. She captured the icon's naive innocence and ability to perform for the cameras with perfection! I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who is a Marilyn Monroe or Michelle Williams fan.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Michelle WIlliams on the Today show about the movie while I was in the hospital with Andrew and it looks good. I dont know much about her either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!