Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I love Barnes and Noble New Release Tuesdays

Folks, here's my confession: I am a sucker for a good romance novel! While this is perhaps not my very best, nor most worthwhile trait, it is true and I'll wear it proudly. Sometimes all I want after a long day is to escape into a smut novel that requires little brain power, but never ceases to keep the smiles coming. Now, what is so wrong with that? I'm a hopeless romantic (despite being surprisingly logical and realistic in real life) and lover of a nice, sappy happily ever after; throw in some historical drama or a little mystery and I'm set!


Reading is a passion that I inherited from my mother, and reading a good romance is something I can directly link to her mother, my grandmother...at least I'm keeping it all in the family! When I was about 12 or so, I spent 2 weeks back in Michigan with my grandparents. The night before my departure, as always, Grammy pulled a few books off of her shelves for me to take back to Colorado with me. One of these books was The MacGregors: Daniel & Ian by Nora Roberts. It was right up my alley: love, Scottish men, strong-willed females and just one in a series. Needless to say, I was instantly hooked! From that day on, I was a romance novel convert. Since then, my tastes have changed and my horizons have broadened, but romance novels are always my "comfort food" so to speak, and Nora Roberts' books are my ultimate.

Well, my dear Ms. Roberts has a new book out today and I.WANT.IT! It's called Bed of Roses and is the 2nd in her new Brides Quartet; and considering how I devoured the first book, I can only assume it will be wonderful. As I've said before, I get the majority of my books from the library, but this is one I will absolutely be buying...this weekend...after pay day...when my justifications will be "stronger". I can't wait!



ps- my side table looks like this, which is another reason to wait until at least this weekend to give in to my book wants:

3 comments:

  1. I love love love Nora Roberts! I haven't heard anything about this series though, what is the title of the first one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is called "Vision in White" and it's wonderful! I am so glad I'm not the only one with a Nora Roberts weakness. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sing it loud and proud sister! I hid all my romance novels in a box in my closet for years, and until I found book blogs earlier this year (specifically Smart Bitches and Dear Author) I never ever spoke of my love of the bodice rippers.

    And I adore hearing stories about how people got into reading, and reading romance specifically, so great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!