Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Fabulous First Award

Courtney, my fellow fabulous blogger, friend from high school and person who inspired me to start blogging, nominated me for my very first blogging award last week! A big thank you to her!



I'm supposed to name 5 things that I'm currently obsessed with and then nominate other fabulous blogs. Since I am still new to the blogging world, and am just starting to get to know other bloggers, I'm going to hold off on the nominations for now.

So, without further ado, 5 things I am currently obsessed with:

1. Fashion. I've always loved clothes and putting together colors and outfits, but up until recently had never hit the obsessive level...well, I've hit it! I have this desire to look as good as I feel all.the.time! and to put the extra effort into getting dressed stylishly in the mornings. I know it sounds kind of snobby, but I want my coworkers and friends to notice what I'm wearing and to genuinely like my outfits. And then, I want to be able to tell them where I got it and what a great deal I got on said outfit or piece of clothing (because I'm a bargain-hunter extraordinaire) so they can go out and have as much fun fashion shopping as I have. I want to spread the wealth!

2. Jamie, my best friend in the entire world. She is currently living close-by in Denver, but come January will be heading back to Minnesota and then off to Australia for graduate school. I have several posts started about her heading to AUS and my feelings on it, but have kept them just for me so far. Eventually, I'm sure I will go into more detail here, but until then I will just say that I'm absolutely thrilled for her! I've known for a while that heading to AUS was her plan, but it didn't fully hit me until a couple of weeks ago that I'm going to have go from seeing her nearly every weekend to possibly only seeing her once a year if I'm lucky. Wow, can we say reality check?! So, now I'm trying to make the most of the time she has left here in CO and get my Jamie fill before she heads off on her next adventure.

3. Meeting new people. In line with the bestie leaving (and my other best friend already living in MD) and the fact that I feel like I've become an entirely new woman over the last year, I've been wanting to broaden my horizens by doing more things and meeting new people. I'm always jealous of people who can run out after work for a drink with work friends or are able to easily put themselves out there and meet people, but that's just not me (yet...hopefully). I am one of the youngest people at my job (and the youngest in my division), which makes it a little more difficult to really form work friendships. Luckily, I do know a couple of very outgoing gals in another division who have been on the job longer than I have and know more of the younger crowd than I do, and they've kind of taken me under their wing. These ladies are wonderful planners who really put forth the effort to get us 20-something year olds together for non-work related activities. It's been great! So, I'm slowly but surely getting to know more ladies at work and will, hopefully, start forming some friendships. As for wanting to be better at putting myself out there?...one step at a time for this gal. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day (gotta love the cheesy cliches)!

4. Re-decorating my guest room. In the beginning, my guest room was decorated with my at the time live-in boyfriend's 3 year old son in mind. It had a boy color scheme, not a lot of decorations and hardly any sense of Erin in it. Well, the relationship is over, I'm in a new apartment that is all mine and it's time for me to take back my guest room. I live on a budget, so re-decorating has been a slow process, but it's coming along and I'm loving it. The furniture was mine to begin with, and I've been collecting accessories here and there, so the guest room is starting to look and feel like a welcoming space with just enough "Erin" in it to fit with the rest of my apartment. Next up: recovering the throw pillows to better match my new color scheme.

5. Books. I'm a self-described book nerd and wouldn't have it any other way. I am a Barnes and Noble member, Library newsletter subscriber and cheap book-stalking fiend. I've had my library card number memorized for years due to the outrageous number of books that I place on hold. I would literally be broke if I purchased all of the books that I read, which is why I am such a huge proponent of libraries. I love the places that books can take me to and the characters I get to meet. Books have always been my safe haven and my quick escape if I need it. They bring me comfort after a rough day and provide endless entertainment on quiet, cool evenings. I've had a love affair with books for as long as I can remember, and plan to keep it my life's longest lasting relationship...I did warn you right off the bat of my nerdiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!