Friday, May 7, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday


Lauren over at the little things we do... is sticking with her themed blanks, and this week it is all about books. Obviously, anyone who reads my blog on a semi-regular basis knows all about my love of reading, Libraries and just books in general. So, I think it's safe to say that I am pretty excited about today's feature! Feel free to hop on the Fill in the Blank Friday bandwagon (you know you want to)...just head on over to Lauren's blog, grab the blanks and link back up when you're finished. Happy Friday!

1. My favorite book growing up was either the Anne of Green Gables series or the Animorphs series. Two very different genres, but I loved them both!

2. The funniest book I've ever read was any book from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series. These books hit on nearly every New Jersey stereotype we have and are absolutely hilarious! Even more so now since MTV's Jersey Shore has helped to highlight Jersey stereotypes' best of the best.

3. The book that has truly changed my life is Nora Roberts' The MacGregors Daniel - Ian. I know that sounds very strange, but it was the first romance novel that I ever read and I instantaneously fell in love with both Nora Roberts and cheesy romances. To this day, I still read every book that Nora Roberts publishes, and when I really need a comfort read, you're most likely to find me perusing the Romance section at Barnes and Noble.

4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's heartbreakingly beautiful and you can't help by admire Claire for everything she puts up with and goes through all in the name of true love. If the ending doesn't bring tears to your eyes, then your heart is far too closed off to be healthy.

5. If I could meet any author, living or dead, I would want to meet Jane Austen. I'm copying Lauren here, but I am so intrigued by this woman that history really knows so little about. Pride and Prejudice made me fall in love with Austen and I've been obsessed ever since.

6. The next book on my "to read" list is unknown. I don't have a next book in mind, so once I finish Angelology I guess I'll have to shop my bookshelves and/or see what I have on hold at the Library. I'm always up for book suggestions!! (hint hint)

7. If I was snowed into a remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson, Nora Roberts' Chesapeake Bay Trilogy (cheating a little, but it is one giant book) and The Time Traveler's Wife. I love all three of these and could read each and every one over and over again!

2 comments:

  1. totally agree with you on Time Traveler's Wife! i'll have to check out some of these others. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting Jane Austen would be an out of this world experience. Can you imagine just sitting and having coffee with this woman?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!