Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I've been sick, but I so love filling in the blanks...even several days late!

I'm alive, I swear I am! Nearly a week away from Blogland was making me a little crazy, but I just didn't have the energy to even attempt a post.

I had to go to Pueblo (in Southern Colorado) for work on Friday, which meant that my day started at 6:30 am, and then due to weather and traffic through Colorado Springs and Denver, I didn't actually get home until 8:15 pm...a very long day. Added to the already long and tiring day was the fact that I was starting to get sick.

So, come Saturday I was feeling pretty crappy, and wasn't really in the mood to do much of anything. I did a little thrifting and some shopping, but mostly just kept it low-key. I studied a bit for my Accounting final and went to bed early.

Sunday was another easy-going day. I planted my little herb garden, my Mom planted a couple of pots for me, and my Dad bought me a patio tomato; I took my Accounting final (horrific) and did a little shopping with my Mom. We both found some awesome deals at Ann Taylor Loft and I picked up a couple of cute tops at American Eagle.

I still wasn't feeling too hot yesterday, so I did some work from home and just rested for the majority of the day. I finally finished the book I was reading, Angelology, soaked up some sun on a nice, long walk and ended the day by enjoying dinner with my parents. I still sound a bit froggy and have a lingering cough, but am feeling more like myself today!

And, now that the recap is taken care of, on to some of Lauren's fill in the blanks (even though Friday has come and gone):

1. The very best thing about Summer is that carefree feeling that the evenings hold. Even though I've been in the working world for 2 years now, and "Summer Break" no longer exists for me, there is still such a sense of freedom when I leave the office. Summer evenings are full of possibilities!

2. My first crush ever was a boy named David in 5th grade. He was my very first boyfriend, and such a sweet boy.

3. This may sound really silly but I'm kind of afraid of the dark. Yes, I am 23 years old and still turn on every light in my apartment when going to bed. I get freaked out walking into my dark bedroom from the dark hallway.

4. I squeeze my toothpaste from the bottom. I'm a bit of a control freak, and have been known to re-squeeze my friends' toothpaste if they are middle squeezers.

5. My absolute favorite "comfort" food is green beans. Canned or fresh, I really don't care, but there is something about a giant bowl of green beans that just makes me smile.

6. A random fact about me is that I sometimes dream in German. I took 5 years of German in Junior High and High School, and even though I've lost a lot of it, I still dream entirely in German every once in a while. It's kind of cool!

7. The one piece of technology that truly makes my life better and I couldn't live without is my cell phone. It allows me to stay in touch with family and friends, holds my calendar, can serve as my alarm clock and just overall keeps me connected.

3 comments:

  1. I just had some green beans!
    AND, I am very afraid of the dark, and I am 27! It is worse when it is rural dark too! :) ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green beans is your comfort food?! You are a weird girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better, love! And yeah, green beans, lol, that's too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!