Friday, May 21, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

(via)

I really do love Fridays. I love that it's the end of the work week and the start of the weekend; I love that everyone's in a good mood on Fridays; and I love that I get to fill in Lauren's clever and fun blanks each week.

1. One fashion trend that I really regret is overalls. Those were never flattering on anyone, but were certainly popular. Why yes, I did own a pair that I accessorized with pins. I loved them and thought I was so cool.

2. The one thing that always completes any outift is: I'm going to have to agree with Lauren on this one and say earrings. It is very, very rare for me to not have earrings on unless I'm working out.

3. I would describe my personal style as classic, slightly preppy and usually comfy...think cardigans like 4 times a week and sandals so long as it's not snowing. Ha...

4. My fashion muse is Reese Witherspoon. She keeps most of her outfits simple, while always looking perfectly put together. Dressed up or down, she looks lovely. Plus, I think her wardrobe is attainable. So many stars dress in styles that I cannot imagine ever really seeing on the street, but Reese dresses normally (for lack of a better word).

5. If I could own one designer piece of clothing it would be a Chanel dress. I think Chanel is the epitomy of beautiful, classic fashion and there is always something lovely to swoon over.

6. I would love to raid the wardrobe of Carrie Bradshaw. A lot of what she wears is a bit too out there for me, but the pieces are gorgeous! A girl could have a lot of fun in Carrie's closet!

7. Today I'm wearing a denim pencil skirt, grey cami, watermelon-colored short sleeve cardi and black sandals. It's sunny, warm and I'm comfy but still work appropriate.

7 comments:

  1. our answers for 2, 3, 4, and 5 were practically the same! kindred fashion spirits :)

    stopping by from lauren's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a girl really could have a lot of fun in Carrie's closet! Oh the tutu's alone!

    Happy Fill in the Blank Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you on raiding Carrie Bradshaw's wardrobe. I'd love to play dress up in some of the outfits she wears...well, if they'd fit anyway.

    Stopping by from Lauren's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just having the "overall" convo with a girlfriend of mine the other day and my conclusion was (because we saw them at the GAP) that the only time I would ever wear them again was if I had a cute baby bump. Then I'd pair them with a plain clean white boyfriend tank, strappy sandals, and some girly simple jewelry :) (Don't you like how I'm already planning outfits for when I'm pregnant one day?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I hear the word cardigan, I think of you, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's sad is that a few people at our college tried to bring the overalls back about 2 years ago....really?! not ok.
    Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, Overalls! They only look cute on little kids, but boy oh boy did I own quite a few pair!
    I cant wait to see Carrie's closet on Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!