Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weekend recap and a little Baltimore Bestie bragging

Hi everyone! I feel like I've been gone from the blogging world recently, although in reality, I haven't, but whatever. It feels like I haven't blogged in a bit, so I say just go with it.

This past weekend was fabulous! Busy and tiring, but lovely all together. My Baltimore Bestie, Corey, and her fiance, Matt, were in town this weekend! Woohoo! I just love that girl to death (and Matt, of course) and loved having her in the same town again. I miss our weekly coffee dates, our running commentary through the worst stats class ever (Senior year...how was that already 2 years ago?!), homework dates with hot tea and sweats, going to see chick flicks and weekend drinks at Lucky Joe's. I miss having someone around who just gets me and who I can tell anything to. Neither Corey nor I are really phone people, so we make due with Facebook, texting and flying to visit each other. When we do finally get each other on the phone, we have to clear our schedules because we'll chat for at least an hour and a half, or until one of our phones dies. She's one of my kindred spirits and I'll love her forever for that!


Anyway, Corey is pretty much amazing and has spent the last 10 months planning her wedding while working full time and completing her Master's degree in Clinical Psychology. She has drive and time management skills like none other, and has worked her butt off to accomplish her goals. And, I am proud to announce that she is officially a Master's Program graduate; that's right, she wrote her thesis, completed her coursework and can now add M.S. after her name! Like I said, this girl has ambition!

So, school is over, the wedding is just a few short months away and Corey and Matt took the opportunity to come out for the weekend and get a few more things checked off of their To-Do List. Corey got her dress fitted, I bought my MOH dress (loves it!), she had her hair and make-up trial run, Matt and Corey met with the florist, we managed to fit in a few drinks at Lucky Joe's and ended the weekend with a little DIY-ing with both families. Out of town guest bags were put together, a lovely card box was made and lots and lots and lots of tissue paper flowers were created. In fact, I would say that Corey, her Mom, Matt, his Mom and I could be called master tissue paper flower pomander-makers! Everything is turning out gorgeous, and I cannot wait to see the whole set-up in August. The wedding is going to be beautiful!

It's always bittersweet to say goodbye to good friends, but I'll be heading out to Baltimore in 2 short weeks, so it wasn't too bad this time around. I miss them already, but Memorial Weekend will be here before we know it, I'm sure! Now, I just need to find the time to catch up on my sleep...

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! Corey sounds amazing! and congrats to her on graduating and getting married! :)
    I bought a Bridesmaid dress last week. ANd, I am looking at tickets to fly to Chicago in June for the wedding shower. A little pricier than I remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!