Friday, July 8, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday

I can't believe it's been 10 days since I last blogged...so sorry, dear readers! My only excuses are the current insanity of my workload and the nasty cold I've been fighting this week; summer colds really are the worst! But, I'm starting to feel perkier and there's a small light at the end of the Fiscal Year-End tunnel that I'm currently stuck in at work, so here's hoping I get back into the swing of things quickly! But until then, I leave you with Lauren's summer-themed blanks!


1. My plans this summer include a lot of work (wildland fires like to burn in the summer, people!), Friday night dinners from the grill, reading as many mindless chick lit books as possible while laying out by the pool, morning hikes with my Mom and evening walks/jogs once it's cooled and the sun is setting.

2. The best summer I ever had was probably last summer because it started off with a trip to the Chesapeake with Corey and Matt and was full of hikes, Skype fests with Jamie and boys...although to be perfectly honest, I think all summers have their pros and cons.

3. Summer is reading on the patio, fresh herbs and tomatoes in the garden, late evening walks because the days are so long, fresh fruit, mountain drives, flowing sundresses, sandals, swimming, sun tea, lazy weekends after busy weeks and margaritas on the patio with friends.

4. My favorite summer food is fresh tomatoes and basil with salt, pepper and a drizzle of balsamic.

5. The best way to quench a summer thirst is with freshly brewed blackberry sage sun tea, or a frozen strawberry margarita.

6. My summer uniform consists of a lot of sundresses, running shorts and a tee when I'm lounging on the weekends, and as many bright colors and pretty patterns as I can incorporate into my wardrobe.

7. The best thing about summer is how long the days are. The extra hours of daylight encourage outdoor activity and fill the evenings with endless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!