Since the date on my calendar says March 2nd, it appears it's time for a February 2010 Goals Recap. I apologize if you get tired of reading this every month, but it's the best way to hold myself accountable for my goals:
1. Pay all bills on time. Done and done! My Comcast bill was paid on time for February, as were all of my other, easier for me to remember to pay, bills. Here's hoping this becomes a habit for me...time will tell as to whether or not I relapse into my late-Comcast-paying ways. (+1)
2. Finish the books I've started. I barely managed this one, but I did finally finish a book that has been sitting half-read on my bookshelf for a year: Neither Here Nor There by Bill Bryson. Whew! Even with one finished half-read book under my belt, it must be said that I am far too friendly with the Library. It is just too convenient to stop in whenever I get the urge (it's on my way home from work)! (+1)
3. Continue to work-out 4-5 times per week. Except for the partial week that I was in Boston, I definitely made this happen again. And, I did workout Thursday, Friday and Saturday after getting back from Boston, plus I did a lot of walking while I was back East, so I'm going to count this one as a success. (+1)
4. Call Grammy more. I only spoke with her once this past month, so while 1 phone call is better than the no phone call month of January, it still isn't great. Technically, yes, I did call Grammy more, but my single phone call is a bit pathetic. (-1)
5. Write to Grandpa and Grandma twice monthly. I actually kind of, sort of forgot about this goal this month and only managed to send one thing: a postcard from my Boston trip. Ooops! (-1)
6. Keep track of the books I've read. I'm still truckin' along on Goodreads, and have to attribute my success with this goal to that lovely website! Loves it! (+1)
So, overall I managed to achieve 4 out of my 6 goals this month. And, once again, the ones that I'm lacking in are really the most important ones. Sigh... As I said last month, I will strive to be better at communicating with my grandparents in March.
How are everyone else's 2010 goals/resolutions going?
On a totally unrelated note, it is sunny, warm and gorgeous in Northern Colorado today!! I took my lunch to a local park to soak up some sun and even drove with my windows down. It's just lovely!