Thursday, July 22, 2010

Awesome poster for fellow grammar nazis!

As many of you know, I'm a bit of a grammar nazi. For the most part, I realize that grammar and spelling are tough subjects, and elementary schools do not always put a lot of emphasis on them. So, once we all get to High School where writing is extremely important, and therefore, grammar and spelling start to play a large role in everyday life, we're kind of past the point of no return in terms of truly learning all of the rules. Blame the schools, whatever...that works for me. Haha.

Anyway, I just saw this poster over at theoatmeal.com and about died! I kinda, sorta want one for my office...where I'm already known as the semi-colon queen.

My favorite (because I loathe the constant misspelling of this word):

3 comments:

  1. haha! I LOVE this! I am an apostrophe hound! Like, my great aunt and uncle have a sign at their house that says, "Welcome to the Weaver's"...agghhhh! It should read, "Welcome to the Weavers'" and I see those freakin signs like that all the time! Or their vs there or your vs you're...it kills me...every damn time ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!