Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday/Saturday


Apparently I'm starting a new tradition of not filling in Lauren's Friday blanks until Saturday. Normally I would say this is unacceptable, but this past week was a bit shit, so I'm not too concerned with being off a day here and there. Now if this continues into the next couple of weeks, I really will have to berate myself.

1. My favorite thing about this week has been seeing my cousin Jill and her husband Michael. Jill is 3 years older than me and I haven't seen her since before she graduated from high school, which also means that I'd never met husband. Jill and Michael were in town from Michigan, and were able to meet up with my parents and me for dinner on Wednesday. It was wonderful to catch up, meet Michael and have a nice evening. I also loved working from home yesterday and getting my hair cut and colored!

2. The weather this week has been typical Colorado: hot and then randomly cold and rainy for a couple of days. Honestly, I loved the cooler weather, but the sun today definitely feels good!

3. The last (interesting) item I received in the mail was 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. I've always loved flipping through this book, and finally gave in and bought a copy.

4. The last movie I saw was From Paris With Love (currently watching). I love me some Jonathan Rhys Meyers, especially when he wears glasses!

5. If I could be doing anything I felt like today I would magically find myself in Australia with Jamie, drinking a bottle of cabernet sauvignon, eating homemade lasagna and talking about boys. I miss my best friend right now more than words can describe.

6. As a teenager I was mostly well-behaved, stubborn, thought I was smarter than just about everyone else and, just like now, a total Mama's girl.

7. I wish I could trade lives for the day with Jamie. I'd like a taste of grad school, to feel what it's like living in a different country and knowing what it is to be a bit more easy-going than I naturally am.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, let me know when you want to trade...I'll make sure my room is clean for you. :)

    Miss you, bestie! SOOOO wish we could be gossiping over some vino right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say that your blog is so fabulous! LOVES it!

    Please follow my blog at:
    http://basicallyformyself.blogspot.com
    (promise to follow back and leave random cute comments)
    Thanks!
    Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!