Sunday, July 18, 2010

She's my friend soulmate

(Vail, CO -- October 2009)

I'm craving time with my best friend in a way that I almost cannot describe. It's officially been 6 months since she left Colorado for Australia and it'll be another 6 months before she's back again. We've survived 6 months before, but not longer and I'm kind of worried that I'm going to turn into a cranky bitch towards the end of this next 6 month period. Jamie and I skype nearly every day, we email and facebook and we're lucky enough to be able to fit in (truly) long distance phone calls on a semi-regular basis. Our friendship is stronger than ever, and it's so nice to know that no matter where each of us are in our lives, we can persevere. We can still talk about anything and everything, more often than not we're on the same, sometimes completely random, page (the EJ wavelength) and she still knows me, and I know her, better than anyone else. She and I have found our friend soulmate in each other, and I love that...no matter how cheesy it may sound.

I miss you, Miss Jamie Lynn...get ready for one hell of an airport reunion in December!

(that's my Jamie!)

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. And I am sure your friendship is the kind that will sustain anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, FRIEND Soulmate! I love it! I have mine too...and although not another country, she is in Austin now! :(
    I went 7 months long distance with Andrew when he was in NZ and I was over here...so I can feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a LOVELY post. There is nothing like a best friend who is truly like a soul mate. I don't believe in that perfect person for you romantically, but when it comes to best friends... absolutely!!!

    ps. that last picture made me giggle!

    you two are beautiful! just like your friendship.

    oh and YES! watch the film and let me know what you think. I love Charlotte Gainsbourg as well-- she IS the daughter of Serge & Jane Birken... i just have this crazy obsession with Serge and i don't even know that much about him lol my soul mate bestie sent me a painting of him for my birthday-- see? it's your best friends that know you best- she knows my obsession even if she doesn't understand it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww....LOVESKIESSS YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!