Friday, July 2, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday


Hooray! It's Friday!! I'm currently finishing up my final accrual and already making plans to head out early for some family and friends time...aka, I'm going to see Eclipse with my Mom and one of my dearest friends, Chelsae. :-)

In honor of the Holiday Weekend, Lauren at the little things we do... has chosen July 4th themed blanks; how very festive!

1. This weekend for The 4th of July I'll be going to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival to sweat my little heart out from booth to booth, eating at The Cherry Cricket (amazing, wishing Jamie was joining), sleeping-in, hopefully reading by the pool, maybe taking in some fireworks and BBQing with my parents and my favorite cousin who is in town for the week.

2. Fireworks are, like Lauren said, a bit overrated. They're fun, but my world doesn't feel incomplete if I go a year or two without seeing them.

3. Nothing says summer like freezer pops, laying out by the pool, BBQs, reading outside until the sun finally sets at 8:30 or 9:00, roadtrips, mojitos, driving with the music blasting the windows down, fun sunglasses, playing at the park with friends and heading to the mountains on the weekends.

4. My favorite summer memory is when my parents and I roadtripped back to Michigan when I was 11 or 12. We stopped at my Dad's childhood haunts, visited family, got along for the entire trip and spent an amazing day on Mackinac Island. Roadtrips with Jamie to and from Minnesota and Colorado also tops my favorite summer memories list.

5. My favorite thing about summer is being able to go for a walk after dinner and having the sun still shining.

6. Summer in a word is nostalgic.

7. If I could choose to have summer or winter year round I'd pick neither. I love the Summer sun, but I get waaay too hot; and as much as I truly do like Winter, I couldn't live in it year round. I'm a Fall kind of girl.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fall girl all the way. Happy Friday!!! (And Holiday weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am spring because its just coming alive, but in between, becuase I dont like the extreme hot or cold. MY dad likes fall and he was just saying the other day he cant wait for Labor Day weekend when all the "flatlanders" (MA and CT people) go home and he calls it the BIG FLUSH, and the main highway going south is the drain pipe taking them all back to where they belong! ha
    Guess what came in Netflix last night- Persuasion! Not sure if I will have time this weekend, but if I do, I will watch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!